Join one of the fastest growing companies in Amsterdam and work together with an international team, passionate about inspiring people to relive and share life’s moments through personalized photo products. With customer centricity at our core, we are driven by quality, creativity, innovation, development and providing the best customer experience anytime, anywhere.
We are Albelli, specialists in photo products and experts in building intuitive software to create them. Albelli is the consumer brand of Albumprinter, which was launched in 2003. We started selling photo books in the Netherlands and soon expanded into other markets and broadened our portfolio, to include other products like wall art and calendars.
Your job will be to design and implement projects / epics. You will research what the best approach is, which architecture to apply, which frameworks to use and to guide other team members in the right direction.
- Work closely with UX, Design and Marketing to provide a world-class E-Commerce experience
- Extend and maintain our platform
- Build PHP-based libraries, APIs and more
- Create and maintain the UI of our CMS
- Create and maintain new and current features of our front-end HTML/CSS/JS framework
- Work on a highly distributed environment that leverages cloud services
- Collaborate with other team members in requirement specification, feasibility analysis, engineering and launch planning
- Guard the quality of your work through quality assurance methods such as unit tests and code reviews
- Advise the QE on potential risks
- Actively contribute in Scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming and the sprint demo
- Advise the team on best practices, frameworks, models and any other architectural decisions
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Advise the organization in decisions regarding site architecture and the technical aspect of web applications
- Bachelor or equivalent experience
- Excellent coding and design skills in PHP, JS, HTML and SCSS/CSS
- Experience with multisite, highly customized WordPress implementations
- Experience with implementing front-end frameworks in large applications
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, BDD
- Experience in object-oriented programming/design with PHP and JS (MVC, DDD and REST)
- Affinity with UX and excellent UI implementation skills
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Understands humor or willing to learn
- You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for The Netherlands. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.
Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
What we offer
This high-impact role is challenging, as we have high expectations, but at the same time rewarding. We provide a highly competitive compensation package including perks, and an atmosphere with a lot of opportunities to develop yourself. You will work in an international environment with more than 33 different nationalities. Albelli is located in the exciting heart of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The office is just a 2-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station.
At albelli we work hard, have fun, and never forget to celebrate our successes. We value innovation, creating high-quality products and delivering the best customer service. We are a fast-growing company that combines an e-commerce mind-set with a tangible and emotional product. Besides our famous annual new year’s party and summer party, we end the week with Friday afternoon drinks.
Would you like to be part of this dynamic and international team? Would you like to work with award winning brands and products? Come join us and let’s create memorable moments together!
Help finding an apartment
Communication and all issues related to the position are curated by the recruitment partner of Albelli.
You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for The Netherlands. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.