Do you want to be part of the team that delivers software and services to drive the global energy revolution?
The company is expanding rapidly to become the fastest growing supplier of energy software solutions for the delivery of gas and electricity to businesses and consumers in Europe and beyond. An internal startup within one of Europe’s biggest energy companies, we have what it takes to attack the current market leaders SAP and Microsoft and become the industry leader in SaaS solutions for the energy market.
We are opening a new office in Amsterdam with only one purpose in mind: create the best team world-wide that can write software and services for the energy market. Building on a completely in-house developed platform written in Java and JSF, you will become part of the team that will transform this very software to the next level. Using today’s and tomorrow’s technology such as AngularJS, REST and cloud provisioning (and embrace more along the way), you will get to write great new code as well as transform existing code so that our solutions become more flexible, scalable and modular and are ready to be unlocked to a world-wide market.
Why we need you to join the team:
Being a good front end developer is what you already are. Stuff like CSS, HTML and Javascrip tcomes naturally to you and you may have experience with the best development tools out there. Anything else that you bring along is obviously a bonus and we are keenly interested to learn what you already know.
What you can expect from us and from the team:
Becoming a great developer and staying on top of new developments is what excites us and hopefully excites you as well. Joining our team and learning from each other is what we believe makes you and everyone else in the team better developers. We have embraced the agile way of working, so that software gets delivered to production quickly and you get to see your code in action.
We’re looking for T-shaped people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-shaped_skills) so that you get to do a lot of different things and are not scared of diving into something completely new. So here’s our wish list:
- Hands-on experience in team based development approaches (agile/scrum experience is a plus)
- Business sense: you balance technical perfection with business needs and priority. Preferably you have experience in an energy or utility environment
- Good communication and team skills both at a technical and business level
- Start-up mentality: willing to take ownership and 'getting things done' mentality – you’re a developer by daytime, coffee-guy at lunch, and are okay to help us pack up every couple of months and move to a bigger location because we’ve outgrown current housing
No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, No, I need a work permit to be arranged, No, but I will graduate/have graduated MA/Msc level at a global top-150 University, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
We foster an open atmosphere where communication and team work are key ingredients for success. We also believe that working together, challenging ourselves to deliver, learning and having fun is what brings out the best in people and teams. Of course you’re keen to know what’s on the table, so here it is:
- Excellent salary: €40–60k (depending on experience and expertise)
- First-rate benefits (for e.g.health care insurance, travel refunding)
- Great location in the center of Amsterdam (fruit and snacks included)
- Relocation package (airport pickup, housing-support, relocation reimbursement, language courses)
- Feel free to join our Amsterdam-expat groups, or ask us about our International Partner program for your partner
Hey I’m interested! What’s next?
We have looked at the best in the business to assemble a recruitment program that is effective and transparent and doesn’t leave you puzzling what is going to happen next. As we are recruiting from across the globe, we use e-mail and Skype until you’re ready to sign up. Just follow the easy steps outlined here –we’ll make it happen within 2 weeks- and get ready for onboarding!